When it comes to painting a home, the best option is to hire a professional, even if you have prior experience in house painting. Professionals have the experience, expertise, and equipment to complete the job quickly and without compromising on quality or creating a mess. However, even if you have hired a painting contractor, there is still one decision which you have to make: do you buy the paint yourself or ask the contractor to arrange for it.
Naturally, because you are paying the contractor, you would be better off asking him to get the paint based on your preferences and requirements. That being said, there are a number of advantages you gain if you buy the paint yourself before hiring the contractor. These include:
- You will have the freedom to choose whichever color and finish you like for each room. The contractor will provide his input and there is a chance he might not agree with what you are looking for. So, if you buy the paint beforehand, you simply have to tell the contractor what you want and they will get the job done.
- You will retain some control over the whole process. Once the work starts, the contractor will be in charge, and while your input will be heard, you will not be actively involved in the project.
- You can avail discounts and coupon deals to get paint at a discounted price. You can go online and look for affordable paint that suits your needs, rather than having to go with whatever brand the contractor suggests.
- Last, but not the least, you can get ample information online to choose the right paint and in the appropriate quantity. You might have some paint lying around in your garage and you can factor that in when buying paint.
So, as you can see, buying the paint yourself before you hire a painting contractor does have its advantages. You can have the paint ready before the contractor actually comes to your home.
On the other hand, you can leave this task up to the contractor. This can also prove beneficial, as:
- You don’t have to bear the hassle of looking for the right paint color and finish. Painting contractors know the ins and outs of home painting and for them, procuring the right quantity of paint won’t be a problem. You can sit back and relax.
- Painting contractors use their expertise and experience to suggest alternate options in terms of brand, quality, and finish of the paint color you choose. This might mean better results once the job is completed.
- The contractor might have some contacts in the market, enabling him to get paint for you at a lower rate.
So, as you can see, there are benefits of each option. At the end of the day, it comes down to whichever option you are more comfortable with. Rest assured, you won’t face any hassle.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.