The Fine Art Of Strategic Neglect
(If You’ve Been Practicing It, Well, Thanks)
The Painter’s Rag:
Monthly Wit And Wisdom
From Your Friendly And Professional Fine Painting Company
I neglected my could-be-beautiful front yard for a little while.
Okay, it was five years.
Now, the problems that have grown up… sprouted… taken over my little slice of Heaven are beyond the landscaping and lawn-care expertise I’ve personally honed over literally minutes of study and practice.
I had to call in The Professionals.
I invested the time and effort to find really good, expert lawn folks… Professionals who truly know what they’re doing… and now I’m confident that my front yard will once again be the envy of all who pass by and the subject of fewer complaints by neighbors to the city.
You could call this strategic neglect (I do)… since now I have no hope of being able to do that work myself, and I will end up with a yard I could never have achieved using my own lawn care skills.
Maybe those years of strategic neglect is what it took for me to call in The Professionals, and thereby end up with a fantastic lawn. Ha ha! My brilliant strategy is paying off.
This experience is familiar to me, of course, since as proprietor of Imhoff Fine Painting Company I often hear from customers who, like I, have been practicing the fine art of strategic neglect themselves.
They knew (perhaps five years ago) that they needed to spruce-up their property with a fine paint job… but strategic neglect kicked in… and now… HELP! They call in The Painting Professionals.
That would be us.
Regular avid readers of The Painter’s Rag know there are many reasons to call Imhoff Fine Painting Company when strategic neglect has led to what some might describe as a painting emergency.
So there’s no need to repeat those reasons here:
- We offer superior value for money on every project we take on.
- Our painters are not fly-by-night subcontractors. If anything, they fly by day. But the main point is that they are cherished employees of Imhoff Fine Painting Company, who paint like their reputations (and mine) are on the line. Because they are.
- Our painters are not rookies – their average age is over 35.
- We have perhaps the most diverse painting crews anywhere in town… since we never discriminate against anyone, and we welcome diversity. You could have an all-female crew, if you like, when you engage Imhoff Fine Painting Company.
- You don’t have to take my word for how fabulous we are. A quick perusal of our many enthusiastic five-star online reviews will convince you to end your strategic neglect and give us a call.
- We are devoted not just to applying paint and stain to your surfaces. We want to apply love to your life… and we always strive to give you a painting experience you will absolutely dig.
So look around the ol’ homestead (or commercial property).
Is it time?
Was it time, say, five years ago?
No matter. Just give us a jingle.
We don’t judge.
- Have you been getting notices from the city that suggest your property is an eyesore? Send photos.
- Did you try painting over the notices, rather than calling The Professionals? How did that work out for you, in seventeen words or less?
- Is it time to replace strategic neglect with strategic brilliance by calling The Professionals at Imhoff Fine Painting Company?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
(* Prize is at the sole discretion. Also, Doug Imhoff will likely be involved. To enter, simply wait five years or less and email your entry to the above address, or, if you don’t care to win the AMAZING prize offered this month, email it to somebody else. But be prepared to explain it when they email back a “whaaaahh?” in response. Must be present to win. Not here, necessarily… in fact, definitely not here… but you do have to be present somewhere. Once we tried to award an amazing prize to someone who wasn’t present, and it was like voting for someone in Chicago… we got to keep the prize. All offers are void to some extent, and probably prohibited as well. See details. Boring, lackluster, or unimaginative entries will not be highly thought of, and they certainly have no chance of winning. Now, get in there and enter enter enter, as if your life depends on it! Though, of course, most likely, it does not.)
Don’t forget: With Imhoff Fine Painting, you always get more than a high-quality paint job… you get an enjoyable experience we hope you’ll treasure. We’re passionate about our customers and their properties… we’re a “painting family,” and we treat your project like family, too! Check us out online. We’re delighted by the many enthusiastic five-star reviews our clients have shared on Google, Yelp, and elsewhere. And we can’t wait to earn our next outstanding review from you!
Know anybody who could use a smile… or perhaps a GREAT painting experience?
Please forward The Painter’s Rag their way!