Our Unique Laser-Like Focus On Craftsmanship
… What A Difference It Makes!
The Painter’s Rag:
Monthly Wit And Wisdom
From Your Friendly And Professional Fine Painting Company
At what point in your painting project would you expect your FINE painting company to concentrate on craftsmanship… on the true quality of their work?
- When they’ve sent you a notice that you’re 120 days late paying their bill, and you’re calling them up to tell them for the fourth time that you’re not going to pay their bill – ever – due to the many problems they caused (and never fixed) in your home
- The day you’re doing the “final walk-through” with the project leader, and you – presumably an untrained painting professional – are nevertheless pointing out about 412 things the painters did wrong (or failed to do at all)
- The last day of the project, when one of the subcontractors puts a ladder through that nice stained-glass sidelight at your front door – shattering the fine artistry your retired father-in-law took four months to create – and then every painter makes a mad dash for the truck and peels out before (they think) you can notice
- The fourth scheduled day of the project (which has yet to begin) when the foreman calls to let you know there will be a slight delay due to unavailability of materials (i.e., they forgot all about your project and never ordered the paint) (though he doesn’t mention that)… and wonders if two months from Tuesday would work for you
- Before the first can of paint is opened.
If you answered 5, “Before the first can of paint is opened,” you are either brilliant, or one of our painters, or a regular reader of The Painter’s Rag… or D (any two of the above) or E (all of the above).
Yes, it’s a fact: A truly fine painting company focuses on, concentrates on, even worries about the craftsmanship of their work before they ever pop open that first can of paint.
It’s all about careful attention to detail, to EVERY detail, starting with the process of planning and prepping the painting project.
(For extra credit, try saying “Process of Planning and Prepping the Painting Project” ten times real fast.)
But it doesn’t stop there!
That laser-like focus on craftsmanship continues not only through the process of actually applying paint and stain to your property’s surfaces, but throughout…
… selecting just the right materials from among hundreds of choices…
… maintaining a safe environment (especially when there’s a nasty bug going around) for the firm’s employees, their customers, and even their customers’ neighbors…
… proper disposal of materials (speaking of safety)…
…(and speaking of safety, disposal of materials, and stuff like that… was your home built before 1978? If so, we may be dealing with a LEAD PAINT issue… and that’s something your Fine Residential Painters are very careful with!)…
… and even taking great care of the firm’s cherished employee painters (a truly fine painting company – such as Imhoff Fine Residential Painting Company – doesn’t use subcontractors)…
… which means the firm’s cherished employee craftspeople are as happy, safe, trained, and covered as cherished employee craftspeople can be…
… all of which means a much higher level of craftsmanship and true quality for your fine painting project.
It’s all about CAREFUL attention to details… ALL of the details, in every aspect of the job, starting with the process of planning… then prep details (like choosing the right kind of tape to avoid damage to your surfaces and also prevent paint from bleeding)… figuring out the right way to sand and smooth (type and grit of sandpaper, machine or hand sanding, which direction to sand, etc.)… choosing the right primer for the substrate and the topcoat (to prep in between coats)… proper thickness and application method… application tools… dry times…
… Whew! If you want to call yourself a FINE residential painter, there are all these details (and more) to figure out for each and every project.
So before you’re in a position to point out 412 errors to a not-so-fine painter, call your friendly experts at Imhoff Fine Residential Painting Company.
Experience for yourself the difference a laser-like focus on craftsmanship can make for the beauty (and enhanced value) of your property.
(Oh, by the way: We might be able to help Dad get that sidelight fixed, too.)
- Were you able to find all 412 errors? List them alphabetically, height-by-rank
- Are you able to say “Process of Planning and Prepping the Painting Project” ten times, real fast, without making 412 errors?
- Are you tired of paying good money for poor work… and ready to experience the difference a real focus on quality can make?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
(* Prize is at the sole discretion of Doug Imhoff, his closest allies, and a committee of brilliant painters and/or readers of this newsletter. By the way, “E” is the correct answer. Free hint. You’re welcome. This month’s prize is so fabulous even the most brilliant painter/reader will be gobsmacked by its fabulousness… so put a laser-like focus on the craftsmanship of your entry and make it count! All entries must be received. Entries with 412 or more errors will not be accepted, but will be looked on with awe for the sheer exceptional nature of such inattention to detail. Speaking of details, please see details before entering. Prize winner must be 23.4 years of age or older – or possibly younger – but prize losers may be of any age and general description whatsoever. We’re not picky. All offers are void where prohibited, which really should go without saying, but people say that kind of thing all the time, and I’m sure it drives you as crazy as it does us. Boring, lackluster, or unimaginative entries will be placed in your permanent record and cause you irreparable harm, as far as you know… so don’t take that chance.)
Don’t forget: With Imhoff Fine Painting, you always get more than a high-quality paint job… you get an enjoyable experience we hope you’ll treasure. We’re passionate about our customers and their properties… we’re a “painting family,” and we treat your project like family, too! Check us out online. We’re delighted by the many enthusiastic five-star reviews our clients have shared on Google, Yelp, and elsewhere. And we can’t wait to earn our next outstanding review from you!
Know anybody who could use a smile… or perhaps a GREAT painting experience?
Please forward The Painter’s Rag their way!